Sunday, May 23, 2010

taking the leap






















Photo by: sadashotit
Ah, the forward momentum has taken hold and it is leading me to Wales.
May be one of the craziest things I've ever done -- may be one of the smartest.
I have filled out my visa application online and am currently waiting for my passport to be renewed for another five years. It should be ready during the first week in June, at which time I have just to take my application copy, along with my passport, supporting documents and multiple photocopies, and get my fingerprints scanned and photo taken at an office downtown. Then my application is on its way to the decision makers in the U.K., who, according to their website, could have a decision made in no longer than a month's time.
If all is confirmed by mid-July, the journey is on track for me to be in Cardiff by mid-September, in time for a three-day job fair.
The online application was surprisingly easy to fill out. And it is a great benefit to me to be in Toronto and working a nightshift. If I were working in another city I would have to travel here to get my fingers scanned -- if I were working a day shift, I would have to take time off work for the scheduled appointment during regular business hours. There are decided advantages to working evenings.
And now that this step is almost complete, the moving and packing and selling aspect of emptying my apartment doesn't seem so formidable. I think I can keep it that way by doing little bits all the time. I'll bring things in my car that my brothers may want as I visit them this summer, sell and give away the rest, put a few things in storage.
The momentum is there now and I know it will carry me along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home