Sunday, August 02, 2009

Goin' to the chapel

A week from today and my 24-year-old niece Kate and her fiance Neil will be wife and husband.

I am so looking forward to the joyous occasion. I am sure I will cry when my brother Kelly walks her down the aisle (and I would be surprised if he didn't cry, too.)

She is the first in her generation in our family to wed and they are a ready, solid couple.

The celebration will be at my brother and sister-in-law's home on a lake in Michigan, under a tent under the August moon, with anywhere from 200 to 300 in attendance.

There will be dancing outside to a Beatles' cover band. All night long.

My younger niece and nephew, Sarah and Shawn -- 7 (going on 8) and 6 -- will be flower girl and ring bearer respectively.

And I will be a very proud and happy aunt and sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home