Sunday, August 02, 2009

Toronto the Good



Photo: K-Billz

Certainly not a comprehensive list, but here are some of my favourite things about Toronto:

  • The Toronto Islands
  • Summers in the city -- any weekend, from downtown, I can walk in any direction and probably find a festival I don't even know about
  • Taste of the Danforth (the annual, primarily Greek, street festival)
  • Riverview Farm and the Necropolis Cemetery
  • Broadview Park -- across the Don Valley from Riverview with a sunset view of downtown
  • Cherry Beach
  • The CN Tower with its LED lights -- I can watch them change from the couch in my livingroom
  • The view from my apartment of downtown on the right, treetops on the left, and the lake straight ahead in the distance behind The Islands
  • The scarves, head-coverings and robes of women from India, Africa and the Mideast -- so feminine and flowing, always flattering, so graceful, and such beautiful colours
  • Film festivals
  • TVO
  • Rick Mercer (I know he's a Maritimer, but his show is based here)
  • The city's mayor, David Miller -- an intelligent man with vision
  • The George Street Diner (after searching for almost six years, I have found the perfect diner)
  • The ravines and the way they weave throughout the city
  • The most amazing bookstores, used and new
  • Street jewellery
  • The Philosopher's Walk, U of T

2 Comments:

Blogger Gerald said...

Rick Mercer is not a Maritimer. He is a Newfoundlander.

7:52 am  
Blogger Kathy O'Brien said...

Ooops. My apologies. I know I should have checked the term Maritimer.

The Rock must be justly proud of their native son's dead-on rants.

(The Toronto Island ferry pic was taken by a Newfoundlander.)

6:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home