Saturday, August 27, 2005

I really enjoyed this ...

Danny Deckchair, a 2004 Australian film with Rhys Ifans (this guy cleans up really good!)
A rather preposterous, fairy-tale of a guy caught in a stale life who lifts off from his Sydney backyard in his helium-assisted deckchair, and of course, lands in the right place. I like Ifans more and more every time I see him: a scene-stealer in Notting Hill, making me forget Robert Carlyle in Once Upon a Time in the Midlands, and now this. He's quirky, he's nerdy, he's tender, he's good.
At first I couldn't figure out why England looked so new and spacious, until I realized after a "G'day" and a palm tree, that the film was set in Australia. Lush and fresh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janey Llewellin said...

That looks amazing! Will check it out once I get home...

I love your blog!

9:48 am  
Blogger Kathy O'Brien said...

gee, thanks Janey.

9:54 am  
Blogger Kathy O'Brien said...

that's what I'm doing, starting over. Never too late -- just need for the wheel to come around again... so maybe in your mid-life turnaround.

thanks for the recommendation. I'll look for it.

12:59 pm  
Blogger Kathy O'Brien said...

I just saw an excellent Aussie film last night on television. Early Russell Crowe in 'The Crossing', 1990, with his now-wife Danielle Spencer, who by the way, is one hell of a good actress. I think she's had a nose job -- too bad, like Jennifer Grey, she lost a uniqueness.

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home